Sunday Horror

"All of my muscles has started swelling up by horror I just faced." Lucretia said while fixating her eyes on the glasses over the table.

"What is it?What is Sunday Horror?" Martine said while adjusting his armchair.

"Let me tell you, then we can decide," Lucretia said while shifting her eyes on him.

"Very well! You can proceed." Martine said.

"I could see myself sitting in an upholstered armchair right in front of the window. You can feel the serene scene in your DNA as if all it was me." Lucretia said with a demented look on her face.

"I don't understand, the scene was you?" Martine asked looking all confused.

Lucretia smiled eerily to his question.

"I was in my abuelito's cabin. We have three bedrooms adjacent to one another with a dining space connected with the kitchen. Adjacent to the living room we have a hallway which straight leads to our small, relatively oval, shallow pristine pond in the middle of it." Lucretia continued.

Martine looked at her while jotting down some notes.

"I was sitting there quietly. I was happy but I can feel I was not expressing it through my face." said Lucretia.

"My silence was interrupted by a bunch of women coming in from the garden. These women had their faces covered with flowers. I could recognize those flowers as it was from the garden."

Martine interrupted,"These women, do you recognize them?"

"No, I was calm and terrified at the same moment." replied Lucretia

"All of them came right inside the room and gathered around me. I could see them talking but couldn't quiet figure out what it was."said Lucretia with excited tone.

"Do you need drink?" Martine tired to calm her.

"Finally all of their chitter-chatter came to life with The Voice" Lucretia said ignoring his question.

"The Voice? Whose voice was it?" Martine in an interrogating tone.

"The Voice" Lucretia said with a smile.

"Can you please tell me what was it saying?" Martine asked.

Lucretia started narrating.

“Its time! Go right away!" The Voice.

"Where?", I replied curiously.

“Bring the rope, give it to her", The Voice ordered.

"I don't want to go, I'm not ready yet!", I said frantically

Two women handed her the rope and went back to their initial position. 

Amidst all of this a faint cried was heard."Help me! I'm drowning! Somebody please just help me!" 

My doubts were confirmed the moment I turned around and looked towards the pond. 

A man was drowning in that pond! 

"We must help me!" ,I shouted.

"The man you just mentioned, do you recognize him?" Martine interrupted.

Lucretia came out of her trance and replied, 
"No."

"What happened next Lucretia?" Martine asked worriedly.

Lucretia weakly again started narrating.


"No! You must not!" The Voice replied and continued in a somber tone, "He is beyond your reach now".

All those women gradually faded away. With them all gone I could feel the warm and peaceful ambience gradually becomes cold and malicious. 

Slowly I made my way to the hallway and right down to the pond.

To my surprise the pond which I was viewing for the past few moments was pristine and beautiful but it turns out to be covered by ghastly swamp which turned it to horrifying sight. I could feel that dense smog covering the pond was almost choking me, but I continued anyway.

I saw the man was stuck in the swamp trying to look for something in there. I threw one end of the rope at him. The man was struggling so hard and in there. Diving in and diving out like a maniac. I called out for him.

"I'm here to help! Come out now!" I screamed because the ghastly weed has covered almost all of him.

"No! I have almost found it!" The man replied while panting for a breath.

"Come out now! It doesn't matter!" I told him while taking the loose end of the rope.

"No! I have almost found it! It is there right beneath me! I can feel it" He sad in a painstaking voice

He continued, "Grab the rope! Pull it!"

I listened to him and start pulling. The ground was shifty and moist making it harder for me to pull.

I decided to go in that swamp so that it might get a bit easier to pull him out and the thing he is talking about.

"No! Don't get it in or it will pull you inside!" He exclaimed.

A chord of fear struck in me. About whom was this man talking about. 

Just then The Voice was heard again.

"Now! Lucretia let go of the rope!" 

"I can't" I replied shivering.

"He deserves it! Let go if it." The Voice said in a hypnotizing manner.

I threw away the rope. Tears were rolling down my eyes as I could see him drowning, slowly slowly going under.

"What was that man doing there in the first place?" Martine asked

"I don't know, I don't remember." Lucretia replied while sobbing drastically.

"Do you recognize the voice?" Martine asked again

"No!! I can't. I tried a hundred times but I can't." Lucretia replied while breaking down.

Martine looked at her for a while and then stood up and went in to comfort her.

"Lucretia all of this was nothing but your imagination. Nothing was real. Nothing it real.
But it felt so real!" Martine said while comforting her.

"Lucretia listen to me, Let go of it." 

Suddenly something sounded familiar to Lucretia. 

"You cannot fight your demons until and unless you let go of it." Martine kept going on ignoring Lucretia.

Lucretia ignoring everything Martine said and just focused on his voice.

There! This is it! This is The Voice!

Lucretia looked at him with a terror on her face as she realized The Voice was no one but him.

"Lucretia I can't help until and unless you let go of it." Martine kept ignoring her expression.

"What are you doing here?" Lucretia asked Martine.

"I'm here to assess your psychological behavior." Martine said with a bit of hesitation.

"Why are you here?" Lucretia asked again.

"I'm here to help the authorities investigate your husband's murder. He was found death last Sunday in the pond, floating face down with a rope aroud his neck and the other end within your hand." Martine replied while looking down.

"It was you" Lucretia said, "You made me do it".
"You made me do it!" Lucretia started screaming while getting up from her chair.
Suddenly he realized her hands are tied to the chair. She was tied to the chair.

Martine got up and looked at her for a while. He grabbed his notes while Lucretia screamed at him insanely and made his away out of the room.

Lucretia realized where she was. 

"Let go of it" he said with a hypnotizing tone before closing the door on her.


"I'm sorry, but she needs more time here" Martine said to the officer-in-charge.

"You think she did it?" The officer asked.

"It can only be determined once she let go of it." Martine replied while walking away from everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming

Introduction